6.16.2011

Spanish Finals

So I just took my last final and it was for my class with spaniards. This class turned out to be both as hard as thought and not quite as hard. It was challenging but if you keep up with the readings and stuff then it isn't impossible.

As far as the final, I kind of felt like that "special" kid in the class. This class only has one test: the final. I on the other hand had a midterm and a final per the suggestion of my professor. That's completely fine because one test is wayyy to much pressure. So today I took my final with the other people taking their finals today. First you wait outside of the assigned room until the professor and 2-3 other people come and open the door and instruct you to go in. Then everyone puts their stuff (back packs, purses, notebooks, etc.) at the front of the class. At first we all sat one seat apart then they made it to 2 people per row. So there were 3-4 seats between each student. Did I think this was a little bit much? Yes. Then they passed out the test. It was like as serious as taking a standardized test like the SAT over again. He had like a speech about what test it was, how it was composed, how much time, etc. Plus some people had their ids out. Do they check your school i.d. before every test?! So there was my professor and like 3 other proctor people who eventually left.

My test was a "tipo test" which just means it was multiple choice. The others' tests were open answer type deals. PLUS I had a ficha, which just means a legal cheat sheet. It was a piece of paper with all of the formulas on it. So while everyone was still on the first part of the exam, I had finished in 40 minutes. A 20 question multiple choice test is not as intense as their finals. How do I think I did? I think I did ok. Not my best but I'm proud of myself for coming out alive. The point of the class was just to see if I could survive. And I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...