9.13.2010

Museo de la Nacion y MISTURA!!!

I was looking through my pictures and it seems I haven't really been doing much... That must change soon! I'm trying to go on atleast 1 trip outside of Lima per month and there's one in the planning stages now.

About 2 weeks ago my program (CIEE) had a Cultural Excursion at the Museo de la Nacion. This museum, according to most locals, is the best museum in Lima. We had the special honor of having my history professor guide us through the museum...Long story short: my friend and I got lost and got to the museum over an hour late, efectively missing most of the tour. We managed to get there in time for the photographic exhibit on the internal conflict in Peru from about 1980-2000. The conflict was called La Guerra Sucia (or the Dirty War). It was a really intense an, quite frankly, depressing but necessary exhibit.

This past Friday I also went to THE culinary event of Peru: Mistura. I have no idea what Mistura stands for but it's a really great and large food festival here in Lima. I spent 5 or 6 hours there and only managed to taste 2 different things. Boo on me for getting full so fast. Basically alot of restaurants and chefs come out and people can buy tickets to taste portions of the local cuisine. I had tacu tato con mariscoes (basically a rice/potato patty with awesome seasoning and sea food) and picarrones. Picarrones are like funnel cake-but better. Seriously addictive. I think I'm going to have them once a week until I leave. They're in a picture below and served with a thin honey syrup. Que rico!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow it looks like a parade lol Looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...