9.26.2010

Nazca Lines, Ica, and Huacachina.

This weekend (Thursday-Saturday night) I went on a trip with 2 friends to Huacachina and Nazca. It was a pretty awesome weekend. Ica/ Huacachina is about 4.5 hours away from Lima so we took a bus (for a whopping 30 soles). Ica is the town but we spent most of the time in Huacachina, which is basically a lagoon.  We were really only there all day Friday and Saturday. My friend and I got sick on Saturday so all we did was the Nazca Lines and Sandboarding. Yes! I went sandboarding.
Our hostal room. Private. Only S/30



The captains.

Excited!

Scared. And Excited.

Scared and Nervous

Look closely. It's the martian.

Humingbird.

Parrot. (I think)

This is it???

I'm alive!

6 Passenger plane.


The lagoon.

Dunes!


Que lindo!


Let's do this!


I was feeling EXTREME!




In all...minus the little virus. The weekend was amazing. The tiny plane was a little too intense. And the lines were kind of hard to see because it's the dry season. I enjoyed the lines but it was a little too expensive (S/300) to say I would do it again. Six passenger planes are only once in a lifetime for me. I would definitely go sand boarding again. The dune buggy was almost more fun than the actual sandboarding. Sand was everywhere...including my mouth. But well worth it!

2 comments:

  1. What was that pizza looking thing, I couldn't find what it was called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous It was just pizza. More specifically, chicken cabrera. It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...