8.19.2010

Mis Clases!

Below you will find my schedule for this semester:

Lunes
9-11 Prehispanic and Viceregal Peru
1:30-3:30 Advanced  Spanish Composition and Conversation

Martes
10-1 Peruvian Social Reality

Miercoles
9-10 Prehispanic and Viceregal Peru
11:15-12:45 Living and Learning (Optional)
1:30-3:30 Advanced Spanish Composition and Conversation

Jueves
9-12 Latin American and Peruvian Cinema

I thought I would wait until after the first week of classes to form any opinions....I think this semester is going to be pretty good. All of my classes aretaught by Peruvian professors, in english, except the spanish class. I'm excited to learn more about this ancient culture. I'm most excited about the social reality class. Who wouldn't be when the class is split into titles like "cultural diversity in Peru," "race and ethnicity," "poverty, marginalization, and social discrepancies," "national identity and self-image," and "gender in Peru." Of course all of my professors speak perfect english. One even sounds completely void of an accent until he says something spanish.

And I know what you're thinking: what were you doing for those first 2 weeks? Well, I'll tell you. The first 2 weeks of the program are actually an 'intensive' session. Classes at the university didn't start til this week so we had 2 weeks of spanish classes from 9-4:15 everyday. Yes, it was a very long time. No, I did not learn enough for that much class time. The intensive session wasn't intense so much as more of a review and orientation into culture and general spanish. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...