11.29.2010

Cooking Class!

A few weeks ago I went to a cooking class with my program. It was at an official and reputable school called D'Gallia. It was so much fun! The whole tie I've been here I've been thinking that I want to learn to cook some dishes. The food is really good and apparently really easy to prepare. Which is really the most important thing really. So we went and we cooked alot but these are really the best pictures. We made ceviche (fish cooked in lime juice, aji de gallina (my favorite), papa a la huacaina (also quite tasty), another fish, and lomo saltado (like steak with veggies). Oh and causa.


This a friend, Elizabeth, making the lomo saltado!

Me making causa! It's yellow potatoes and you have to mash them with your hands.


Posted by Picasa
My version of causa rellena. It's usually more like a casserole. Veggies, mayonnaise, and OCTOPUS.

The group with the instructor. She was really nice and energetic.

I was so excited about the cooking class that Sonia (host mom) said she's going to buy me a cook book to  take home with me! And everytime we're eating she tells me the ingredients and what I might not be able to find in the states. It was a good class and we all went home super stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...