3.21.2011

Vamos a la Playa...oh oh woah!

This past weekend I had the absolute joy of going with my host family to their BEACH house in the south of Spain. I really love them and am so glad I moved last month. It's a relatively young family with three kids. Pedrito (Pedro Jr.) is 5, Marta is 10, and Maria is 12. They warm up more to me everyday and make me laugh all the time. They're a typical family-very suburban, upper-middle class, very involved and educated. My spanish gets better everyday because Pedro (the dad) is a talker. Maria is the typical pre-teen and talks extreeemely fast so she doesn't say much to me but she is sweet. Marta is the showgirl and is very dramatic. But she talks to me occasionally and makes alot of funny faces so its all good. Pedrito is the typical 5 year old boy, he's still on the line of babytalk so most of the time I have no idea what he talking about. He loves Bob Esponja (Sponge Bob) and I finally felt accepted when he started sharing his chucha (gummy candy). I pretty much have the most awesome house in all of Seville.
Maria and Pedrito

Marta and Pedrito-models

Marta-the top model

Add caption




We were like 10 minutes from portugal.

Went to a market to buy fresh ingredients for the paella.




went to the boat-parking lot

And the ship parking lot


The beach house is smaller but comfy.

My contribution was peeling the shrimp.


Paella is made in a wok type grill thing.

Add red bell pepper, green things, and onion.

Add shrimp juice and rice.

Hot, fresh paella!




Part II of my weekend  is coming up, although I can't say when. I need to get back on track with posting so my 5 loyal readers can keep up with the happenings. All in all I had a really good time and didn't feel like I was in the way. I was worried that maybe they invited me because they're just really nice people but they're really nice people who seemed to want me there.

1 comment:

  1. It's been ages since I've had a good authentic Spanish paella! Looking forward to hearing your cooking tips when you return!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...