10.18.2010

Excursion: Lunahuana

On Saturday and Sunday I went on an excursion with the program to a little town about 3 hours away from Lima. It was an action packed weekend which I am still recovering from. Somehow, I lost my voice on Thursday and it still hasn't come back so even though I was really quiet, I had alot of fun! We went rafting, trekking, horseback riding, swimming, tanning (not me), and ate tons of food.























It was a really beautiful place. Something that I've noticed about Peru is that it has alot of natural beauty but at the same time, poverty runs rampant. Like we stayed in a nice hotel and we had a chartered bus for everything. The restaurant we ate all our meals at was four blocks away and we took the bus there. But looking around, buildings were falling apart and barely existent. Most of the people are farmers and we saw a lot of people working the land. It was just a big, contrasting weekend. And a lot of Peru is like this. It's hard to describe but it just goes to show how big of an industry tourism is...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...