10.04.2010

La Dama Juana

On Thursday night I had the joy of attending La Dama Juana. It's a completely touristy show but it showcases the different traditional dances of Peru. It's a dinner show so there was also a buffet. And my program paid for it!














It was actually alot of fun to be so touristy. As you can see, I actually surprised myself and allowed myself to be dragged up on stage. I forget the name of the dance but the point is to try to light your partner's butt on fire. Good stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Is that in Lima or Cusco? I went to a place like that (maybe the same?) in Cusco. Hope you didn't catch fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariette, it's in Lima in a mall on the coast. And I didn't catch fire but wax did get on my jeans :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillian said....

    Hi alisa how are you doing we really miss you.... i see your having a spectacilar time in Peru, well i cant really say the samething back here at home.
    Its kind of hard being in the grade im in...i never really knew moving to the next level would be so challenging and complicated.Is it complicated trying to speak spanish and learning their history while they're already learning about yours? Im sorry you got wax on your jeans, but if it makes you feel any better i wrote about you in my 3rd/4th period:)ELA
    i hope you can learn as much as you can so you can tell me all about your adventure.....i mean..... ya know... if you wanna tell me. okay bye and be safe of any strangers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...