2.06.2011

It's all up hill from here: Senderismo


This weekend I did something that I never thought I would enjoy. I went HIKING. I know. I don't seem like the hiking type. I'm out of shape. I have a touch of asthma. I don't really do the outdoors. I don't even own hiking shoes. A few months ago I would've said absolutely not. But I think after all of the trekking and stuff I did in Peru I can do just about anything. So I went hiking. Again, it was a group activity and I did make the committment.


We went to a small town about an hour and a half away.



Huge rock. Pretty view.


Stop! Look! Listen! Pass!

It just doesn't seem as special when you pass rail road tracks on your hiking trip.

 As you can see I was more enamored with the tiny town. It was really pretty and seemed to conserve the small town feel even though I'm sure they always have people coming from all over to hike. I love the white buildings (painted so because of the extreme heat in the summer months) and narrow streets.






It was tough at times, mainly because the uphill battle was after eating a very delicious and filling bocadillo (sandwich). I would consider it more of a nature walk. Maybe I would make a legit hiker but even though I was tired and we hiked like 5 miles, I feel like I could do it again. Maybe not every weekend but it was a good walk. I thought it was going to be like mountainous but it was more of a national park. We had guides and the path was practically paved. I wore white shoes and thought they would be ruined but they stayed relativley white.

I think Peru made me more hardcore and outdoorsy. After this hiking trip, which was more of a nature walk, I say BRING IT ON!

*Note: I'm pumped and ready to go now after feeling like death and getting 10 hours of sleep. I'll call this the post-senderismo high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...