2.13.2011

Sand and Sun: Cadiz!

Also on the itinerary this weekend was Cadiz. A beach town about 2 hours south of Seville. It was a culturally enriching experience as well as a really fun day. This was an excursion by my program so it was already paid for. First we took a tour with a guide through the city then my friend played tour guide and we saw some more stuff we missed. The beach was beautiful but I really like the cities  and gardens and plazas here. The close buildings and mosaics make me fall in love with everywhere I go.





At a castle.



A manifestacion (a protest) for government transparency.




We also passed a market.


Peep the swordfish head....


Can I just say that this was the nicest market ever. It was like a farmer's market but really organized. There was fruit, sea food, and ham. I thought I was going to walk into a Peruvian market. I think I'm still adjusting...

We climbed a church tower to find this view :)



This was a cute fountain.

Brad (taking the picture) Kate, me, and Salima in the back.

We couldn't pass the pasteleria (bakery) without going in..


It was a really good day. Pictures were taken. Good times were had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...