2.01.2011

Spanish Grades!

So I got my mid term exam back yesterday and was thrilled to have made a 9.06! a) That's out of 10...chill out. and b) it's better than I thought it would be.

The Spanish grade system is based on 10 being the highest grade possible. According to my professor (and the exam grades posted publicly all the bulleting boards) the average student makes about a 6 or 7. This is definitely something that'll be hard to get my mind wrapped around. In the states there is usually a curve and atleast a few students make a near perfect score on exams. Most of the grades that I looked at outside of class rooms were about the same. Maybe there were a few 9s but there were NO tens. Most students made about a 6 or 7. And there were a few lower than 4.

I say it's better than I thought because honestly I didn't study for the exam. I also had a paper due the next day and I'm not good at all nighters because I don't want to fall asleep on the test. I only left one spot blank and anything else I got wrong was just minor things like accents.

Classes start next week and I'm getting kind of nervous. I'm ready to start classes but the reality of all spanish classes, homework, projects, etc is starting to settle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...